D09.1 Equipment List
The equipment list must include equipment name, size, type, and quantity.
The list will demonstrate the landscape contractor’s ability to meet Grounds Maintenance’s requirements.
Sustainable tools and equipment reduce environmental impact and cause no physical harm to landscape maintenance workers or site inhabitants. To accomplish this, select or phase in vehicles and equipment that:
- Reduce fossil fuel use by increasing fuel efficiency
- Use hybrid or electric power
- Are water-efficient, when applicable
- Rely more on hand tools than power tools
- Mulch grass clippings in place, rather than bag and remove them
Office of Federal Sustainability’s Guidance for Federal Agencies on Sustainable Practices for Designed Landscapes (May 2017), Section XII, Operations and Maintenance (items e, f, and g), contains a detailed list of energy efficient qualities to select for in tools and equipment. A more concise list may be found in the SITES™ v2, rating system checklist, Section 8.1 Operations + Maintenance, item 6.