Tyndall Recovery Plan and Analysis of Alternatives Report (Master Plan): Document
dated July 2019, which directs a strategy to repair, reshape, and rebuild Tyndall AFB to resume
near-term mission operations and to maximize mid- and long-term mission capabilities. The reconstruction of Tyndall AFB provides the opportunity to achieve key objectives listed below to support Tyndall’s vision as a 21st Century Installation.
- Size and locate facilities to improve organizational efficiencies and improve the resiliency, sustainability, and adaptability of Tyndall AFB.
- Meet current and proposed mission requirements well into the 21st Century.
- Use the opportunity to improve mission efficiencies by realigning mission sets that would also influence short‐ and long‐term redevelopment.
- Provide capacity for future growth.
- Facilitated Charrettes were conducted for the three primary planning districts:
- Flightline District
- Support District
- 9700 Relocation/Silver Flag District
The recovery planning effort involved alternative development options that were created to incorporate differing planning strategies to best achieve the desired end state. For each district, a preferred alternative was created. Once the preferred plan was developed, proposed planning actions were prioritized to realize the sequence of project execution, and rough order of magnitude of costs prepared. The leadership vision for the installation plan was to ensure
- Mission to execute, per Secretary of Defense direction, Installation of the Future; anticipate up to three F‐35 squadrons by 2023.
- Plan for MQ‐9 Reaper Wing and maintain First Air Force (1 AF), Air Control Squadron, Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC), Rapid Engineers Deployable Heavy Operations repair Squadron Engineers (RED HORSE) and Silver Flag.
- Defined by Mission; use the expected growth at Tyndall AFB to inform planning concepts.
- Promote campus‐like environment, live in dorms and walk to fitness, walk to dining facilities (DFAC), walk to community support, walk to workplace; Monday to Friday without getting into vehicles.